Due to the increase in COVID-19 currently we feel it is not appropriate to ask people to bring food where we cannot assure the safety and preparation. As such we will NOT be providing food and ask that you do not bring food to share with the group. We do encourage you to bring food for you and your family to share amongst yourselves but please don't plan on bringing any pot luck type dishes. We will NOT be cooking hamburgers. We will, still have the water rocket contest and lots of fun. You just need to bring your own food.
This event is for UROC members and their families.
Water Rocket Challenge Information
We will be including UROC's annual Summer Rocket competition.
This is a competition for the best water propelled rocket flown at the picnic. If you have not built a water rocket before, take a peek at some techniques here. There will be prizes!
How to Build a Water Rocket
- 1 Liter Soda bottle
- Should consider fins, nose cone, parachute, etc.
- Decorate with paint, decals, stickers, etc.
- Cardboard, string, cardboard, balsa, plastic film, okay to use
- No metal, glass or sharp edges
- Each entry will be allowed 2 flights.
- Rocket will be filled with H2O, pressurized to 60psi and launched.
- Each flight will be timed, longest duration aloft of the two flights will be recorded.
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd place will will be awarded based on maximum duration aloft.
- Ties will be reconciled by grudge match.
Cool Design Award Rules
- Totally subjective by UROC Officers and appointed judges