Created on Thursday, 11 October 2007 11:09
Published on Thursday, 11 October 2007 11:02
Written by UROC Admin
Please Read Carefully
In an effort to improve the signal to noise ratio on our forums we ask that you abide by these guidelines when participating. We have reached a point where tremendous diversity, age, education, location and more are all factors to consider when participating in our forums. We want to promote a clean, healthy, respectful atmosphere where people are not afraid to ask questions, participate in this community, and have a good time discussing the things we love most - rockets. With that in mind, here are the rules:
The Big Rules: Violation of these rules is grounds for the IMMEDIATE banning of your account. If you think we're kidding, think again.
- No profanity in subject lines or signatures.
- No spamming or commercial solicitation of any kind. Any such messages will be removed at the discretion of either a forum moderator or administrator. Selling of individual items is permissible by a private owner in our forums.
- Commercial solicitation through the Instant Message function by non-advertisers is strictly forbidden and grounds to have your account terminated.
- No flaming of other members to incite or perpetuate a conflict or argument. ANY personal attacks or name calling will get you banned.
- No bombing forums or threads with pointless posts.
- No linking or posting of pornographic or objectionable/inappropriate material.
- Do not impersonate other individuals or falsely represent yourself.
- Do not discuss, suggest, engage, or encourage any illegal activity on the forums. Linking to locations that deal with any such activity is also forbidden.
- Posting under a secondary username for the purpose of arguing, degrading, or belittling other members is grounds for losing both your primary account and your secondary account.
- You must have a valid e-mail account in your profile so you can be reached by a forum moderator or administrator.
- Signatures can have a maximum of five (5) lines.
- A hobby forum like UROC is not the place to post personal problems, questions about personal relationships, etc. These types of posts will be removed.
- No UROC related user names are permitted by non-staff members (administrator, staff, moderator, etc.) and will be deleted or changed with or without notice.
- Because of the volatile nature of the following topics: religion, sexual orientation, race, class, gender, and political opinion, users are advised against starting threads or entering posts expressing thoughts, beliefs or opinions on these topics. Any posts or threads on these matters may be removed at the discretion of the moderators or administrators.
- Due to liability concerns involving use of Public Lands we must ask that you do not post information regarding privately held launches on this (Utah Rocket Club) Bulletin Board system. A privately held launch is defined as any launch being held in Utah that has not been sanctioned by the Utah Rocket Club. This is to protect you. If you advertise an event that is going to take place on Public Lands in any way (this website is a form of advertising) then you MUST obtain a Special Recreation Permit from the BLM prior to the event. This is true even if you are the only person that shows up at the launch. If you do not hold a permit and have invited people to attend in any public forum then you are in violation of the Public Lands Act. Any information regarding privately held launches posted on this website will be removed.
The following posting guidelines are here to help you (and others) have an enjoyable experience here:
- Respect both forum moderators and administrators. It is a thankless job that we do, and cleaning up other people's messes is never fun.
- No SHOUTING. Don't use all caps when posting. It is difficult to read and annoying.
- Try to post to the forum that is most appropriate for the topic being presented.
- No cross-posting. (This is posting the same topic in more than one forum)
- Refrain from using profanity or cr3ative spell1ng to get around the censor filters. Posts that circumvent the censor may be removed.
- Respect the privacy of other members and individuals. Do not post personal information about them (i.e. addresses, phone numbers, passwords, etc.)
- Observe all copyright laws when posting copyrighted material.
- Do not post messages that violate Federal, State, or Local laws which include, but are not limited to, anything that violates a copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or is bound by NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement).
- Moderators and administrators frequently review forum posts for those that are in violation of UROC rules. Any messages found to be in violation may be deleted without warning or explanation. Furthermore, we reserve the right to remove any post at our discretion, and also the right to ban any user, at any time, for any reason.
- There are going to be topics and discussions that will have heated debates. Please think before you post and re-read what you type before you post it. Keep your comments limited to the debate at hand and not make this a personal issue between you and another reader. There is tremendous diversity in age, race, gender, language, location (worldwide) and more here and there will be a lot of varying opinions on different subjects. We're all human beings and we we're all drawn to this site because we have a common bond as rocketry enthusiasts.
- Considering the real-time nature of this bulletin board, it is impossible for UROC to review all messages or confirm the validity of information posted. Please remember that UROC does not actively monitor the contents of posted messages and are not responsible for any messages posted. UROC does not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and is not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of UROC or any entity associated with UROC. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged use the “Report This Post to a Moderator” button. UROC has the ability to remove objectionable messages and will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if determined that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, so please realize that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately.
You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this Discussion Forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violates any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by UROC.
Although this Discussion Forum does not and cannot review the messages posted and is not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we at UROC reserve the right to edit or delete any message or account. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless UROC.org, Joomla, Best of Joomla (the makers of the bulletin board software), and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s).
We at this discussion forum also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.
A valid email address is required for registration so that your password can be sent to you personally. This has been done to prevent and safeguard the UROC Forums from random attacks and people looking to cause problems and spam these forums.
UROC does *NOT* sell or distribute your email address to any third parties.