The UROC launch scheduled for November 10 will be insured as a Tripoli Research Launch. What makes a TRA Research Launch different than a normal UROC Sport Launch? Please read the TRA Research Safety rulesTripoli Research Rules again to refresh yourself. In short ...
- Any flier must be 18 and over and a paid up TRA member (yes you can sign up on site or prior on the web).
- Tripoli Junior members that have successfully completed the Tripoli Mentoring Program training may access and conduct flights from the Research / High Power Launch Aera and /or Model Rocket Launch Area in accordance with the rules of the Tripoli Mentoring Program under direct supervision of a Tripoli Senior Member.
- Children younger than 18 years of age that have not completed the Tripoli Mentoring Program may access and conduct flights from the Model Rocket launch Area under the direction of a Senior Triipoli member.
- Research motors shall not be used for certification flights.
- Commercial motors may be launched, and TRA certifications may occur (using certified motors)
Please read the TRA Research Safety rules and the FAQ for the complete details.
If any UROC TRA member, or prospective TRA member, intends to fly a research motor at the November 10th launch please let Tim Boschert - Tripoli Utah Prefect know as soon as possible.
Please note that UROC does not promote the use of our launch locations at any other times. The club's waiver, Special Recreational Permits, and Landowner insurance are not in force at any time other than during actual club events.Typically, if a scheduled launch is cancelled due to poor weather conditions we will try to reschedule for the following weekend.
In order to fly mid or high power rockets at any UROC event, you must be able to provide proof of current membership in either the National Association of Rocketry and/or the Tripoli Rocketry Association. Addtionally, you must be certifed or performing a documented certification attempt for the appropriate level. For further information about certifications please contact either our NAR Advisor or our Tripoli Prefect.